Shante Turay-Thomas: Human error factor in allergy death

A teenager with a severe nut allergy died in part because of human error, a coroner has ruled. Shante Turay-Thomas, 18, had a severe reaction to eating a hazelnut.

The inquest heard a series of failures meant that an ambulance took more than 40 minutes to arrive at her home in Wood Green, north London. Her mother Emma Turay, who said she felt “badly let down” by the NHS, wants an “allergy tsar” to be appointed to help prevent similar deaths.

Read the full article: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-51099720