Newcastle Fire assists in life-threatening bee sting reaction

The Newcastle Fire Protection District helped save a Newcastle man’s life with an advanced scope of training skills Sunday.

According to a news release from Fire Chief Kirk Kushen, firefighters from Newcastle Fire Engine 41 responded to a report of a severe allergic reaction from a bee sting to an adult male Sunday morning. Upon arrival, personnel from Newcastle Fire and Cal Fire identified the patient to be in anaphylactic shock and that he had a history of allergies to bee stings, low blood pressure and a severely swollen tongue, compromising his airway and making it impossible to speak.

Read the full article here: